In the future, municipalities must handle a completely different complexity in society. In order to have well-functioning cities, cities must improve how they utilise their resources and how they engage with technologies in different ways. A smart city will use digital technologies to enhance performance and wellbeing, to reduce costs and resource consumption and to engage more effectively and actively with its citizens.
Co-create the future cities
Three factors are critical to the success of future cities: Citizen empowerment, Open and experimental collaboration and Rewarding the intangible. The article can be found here.
Funding from Horizon 2020
The Focus Area “Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future” covers the main actions that can contribute to the goals of the Paris Agreement, which marked a new era in fighting climate change.
Actions aim to develop across all sectors ground-breaking technological and non-technological solutions, capable of achieving carbon neutrality and climate resilience in the second half of this century in Europe and beyond. Click here to read more.
Smart Cities in EU
These projects have received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- GrowSmarter | Barcelona (ES), Cologne (DE), Stockholm (SE)
- REMOURBAN | Valladolid (ES), Nottingham (UK), Tepebasi-Eskisehir (TR)
- Triangulum | Eindhoven (NL), Manchester (UK), Stavanger (NO)
- REPLICATE | Bristol (UK), Florence (IT), San Sebastian (ES)
- Smarter Together | Lyon (FR), Munich (DE), Vienna (AT)
- SmartEn City | Sonderborg (DK), Tartu (EE), Vitoria-Gastein (ES)
- Sharing Cities | Lisbon (PT), Greater London Authority (UK), Royal Borough of Greenwich (UK), Milan (IT)
- MySMARTlife | Hamburg (DE), Helsinki (FI), Nantes (FR)
- RUGGEDISED | Glasgow (UK), Rotterdam (NL) and Ůmea (SE)
- MAKING-CITY | Oulu (FI), Groningen (NL)
- STARDUST | Pamplona (ES), Tampere (FI), Trento (IT)
- MAtchUP | Valencia (ES), Dresden (DE), Antalya (TR)
- IRIS | Gothenburg (SE), Nice (FR), Utrecht (NL)
- ESPRESSO (Smart Cities Information Systems)