City Engage Week will take place from 14-18 September 2020 and is focused on the theme of local renewable energy, culminating on Culture Night where the highlights of the week will be on display.
Limerick City and County Council wants to hear your opinions and ideas about co-creating a sustainable low carbon future for Limerick City Centre. The outcome of the City Engage week of activities will enable communities to share their vision of Limerick with the Council and project partners so that people can play an active role in determining how their community will develop into the future.
City Engage – Local Renewable Energy follows on from the hugely successful City Engage – Georgian Limerick Laneways which is working with local businesses and community groups to revitalise some of Limerick Georgian Neighbourhood Laneways. The results of these collaborations are due to be unveiled shortly. The City Engage series is part of +CityxChange.
There is a full calendar of events for City Engage – Local Renewable Energy, where participants can:
- map solar energy potential in the Georgian core
- build their own energy monitor
- learn about local energy communities
- explore the potential of river turbine for a sustainable energy future
Also included in the programme are events with a broader focus, which ask citizens what kind of city they want to live in over the next 30 years and how to meet the challenges posed by climate change.
All events will take place online or fully Covid compliant, for full details check limerick.ie/CityxChange.
Calendar of Events – City Engage – Local Renewal Energy
Monday, 14 September:
- Mapping Solar Potential in the Georgian Neighbourhood | 5.30pm to 6.45pm | Register here
- Local Renewable Energy Workshop in the Georgian Neighbourhood | 7pm to 7.45pm | Register here
Tuesday, 15 September:
- Community Auditing of Buildings and Local Renewables in the Georgian Neighbourhood | 5.30pm to 6.45pm | Register here
- Limerick City ‘the local Energy Hub’: local Energy Sharing |7pm to 7.45pm | Register here
Wednesday, 16 September:
- The Limerick We Want to Live in | 6pm to 7.30pm | Register here
- River Energy Potential for Limerick | 7.30pm to 8.30pm | Register here
Thursday, 17 September
- Developing a Bold City Vision | 4.30pm – 6pm | Register here
- Storytelling Event – Energy Communities in Limerick’s Georgian Neighbourhood | 6pm to 7.30pm | Register here
Friday, 18 September:
- Citizen Energy Monitoring Lab | 7pm – 8.30pm | Register here