The +CityxChange project is fully aligned with the Smart Cities European strategy and is part of a network of projects related to initiatives of urban renovation.
Additional to the EU environment and smart city networks, a range of existing partnerships are utilised and strengthened over the span of the project. These include among others the lead partner of dissemination and exploitation ISOCARP (WP10) and connected initiatives, e.g., UN-Habitat’s Planners for Climate Action (P4CA) and OECD’s, UN-Habitat’s and Cities Alliance’s National Urban Policy Programme (NUPP).
Furthermore, the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA), JPI Urban Europe, and relevant EU Horizon 2020 platforms, such as Smart Cities Information System (SCIS) and Smart Cities and Communities (SCC-01) environment, in which +CityxChange is situated, are crucial for the international communication strategies.
Smart Cities in the EU
These projects have received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme:
- GrowSmarter | Barcelona (ES), Cologne (DE), Stockholm (SE)
- REMOURBAN | Valladolid (ES), Nottingham (UK), Tepebasi-Eskisehir (TR)
- Triangulum | Eindhoven (NL), Manchester (UK), Stavanger (NO)
- REPLICATE | Bristol (UK), Florence (IT), San Sebastian (ES)
- Smarter Together | Lyon (FR), Munich (DE), Vienna (AT)
- SmartEn City | Sonderborg (DK), Tartu (EE), Vitoria-Gastein (ES)
- Sharing Cities | Lisbon (PT), Greater London Authority (UK), Royal Borough of Greenwich (UK), Milan (IT)
- MySMARTlife | Hamburg (DE), Helsinki (FI), Nantes (FR)
- RUGGEDISED | Glasgow (UK), Rotterdam (NL) and Ůmea (SE)
- MAKING-CITY | Oulu (FI), Groningen (NL)
- STARDUST | Pamplona (ES), Tampere (FI), Trento (IT)
- MAtchUP | Valencia (ES), Dresden (DE), Antalya (TR)
- IRIS | Gothenburg (SE), Nice (FR), Utrecht (NL)
- POCITYF | Alkmaar (NL), Évora (PT)
- ATELIER | Amsterdam (NL), Bilbao (ES)
- Sparcs | Espoo (FI), Leipzig (DE)
- ESPRESSO (Smart Cities Information Systems)